- Learn how the cooperative can earn, budget, spend, save and borrow for posterity
- Understand the importance of savings
- Be aware of the implications of taking a loan for the cooperative or members
- Learn how to keep proper records so that coop can manage income/expenses wisely.
- Understand how financial service providers operate, their products, and how to access such products, for example loans.
Financial Literacy For Managers
There are 16 lessons. Each lessons has a video or slideshow. It will costs you approx. 30 min to go through them. Take a quiz afterwards, that will help you remember the most important aspects of the lesson. A complete lesson will take you approx. 45 min. Good luck
Congratulations, this is your first step towards becoming a solid financial manager of a FBO. After 16 lessons of the course and passing the test, you will be able to manage your own money as well as the cooperative's money and contribute to the decision making of your FBO.
But what is Financial Literacy and how will it benefit you?
After session 1:
- You know you can become more financial literate
- You know that being financially literate means that you will be able to manage your personal and business finances in order to improve your own financial situation and that of the FBO.
- You are able to motivate other members to follow the Financial Literacy course for farmers.
- Watch the video (30 min)
- Take the quiz (10 min)
- From family to cooperation (5 min)
“If you fail to plan you plan to fail” . That is a useful saying when thinking about the importance of goal setting. To succeed as a farmer and a coop it is important to have goals and plan ahead. This session will train you to develop short and long-term goals and strengthen your self-management skill set. You will learn how to use a tool that will help you further develop those skills. But before you can set goals you need to create a vision for your future. How do you want your future to look like. Let’s start looking forward.
After session 2:
- You understand that it helps to set goals in order to achieve your vision.
- You know how to set financial goals and prioritize them
- You know that planning is important in order to reach your financial goals
- You motivated to define a vision and plan for your goals
- Watch the Video - Part one (10 min)
- What is your Vision? (10 min )
- Watch the Video - Part two (10 min)
- Set your Goals and do it SMART (15 min)
In the last session you have learnt that sma